You will need:
The pattern found here Owl patch pattern
Material of your choice
Thread to match your material
- Cut out the pattern from the pdf
- Cut the number indicated on each pattern piece from what ever material you have chosen.
- Sew the two body pieces together with right sides facing each other. Leave a small space to flip it.
- Flip the body pieces so right sides face out.
- Do steps 3-4 for all of the pieces except the eyes and wings
- The wings you will sew one right side wing to one left side wing and then flip them so the right side is facing out.
- I did a running stitch around the outside of all the pieces except the feet to make them lay flat and add texture.
- Sew the belly pieces to the body
- Sew the beak on to the bottom of the head in the middle as pictured
- Sew the head on top of the belly and body as pictured
- Sew the wings to the sides
- Sew the feet on the bottom
- For the eyes I did a gather stitch around the outside and then pulled tight to form a round circle. I found it easier to do this with a small disk placed at the back to help gather.
- To attach the eyes I embroidered with a satin stitch a sideways triangle. This also created the pupils for the eyes.
Your Owl patch is now done and can be added to any quilt you would like.
Hope you have a Whooot making these. Leave a comment and picture of your Owl below.